3 administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone" [syn: distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, dole out] [also: allotting, allotted]
see a lot
- To distribute by lot.
- To distribute, or parcel out in parts or portions; or to distribute to each individual concerned; to assign as a share or lot; to set apart as one's share; to bestow on; to grant; to appoint; as, let every man be contented with that which Providence allots him.
About the CompanyAllot Communications (Nasdaq: ALLT), is a provider of intelligent IP service optimization solutions for service providers, carriers and enterprises. Allot solutions use deep packet inspection (DPI) technology to change broadband pipes into smart networks offering complete network visibility, application control and subscriber management. The goal of this is to provide a straight forward way for companies to track and manage subscribers. Allot offers the following product lines:
- NetEnforcer traffic management devices [AC-400; AC-800; AC-1000 and AC-2500 series] that control network visablilty
- NetXplorer GUI for centralized management of all network traffic and tracking activity
- Service Gateway carrier class, 25 Gbit/s, open DPI-based platform.
Allot partners with other companies to provide networking solutions to businesses.
Current Allot partnerships and alliances include: Alvarion, Amdocs, Aperto Networks, Avaya, Bridgewater Systems, Computer Associates, Citrix, First Network Group Inc., FTS, Extreme Networks, Juniper Networks, Navini Networks, Motorola Canopy, Oracle, RODOPI, Tropos Networks and Trendium.
- 1996: Michael Shurman and Yigal Jacoby co-founded Allot Communications under the laws of the State of Israel. Today Yigal Jacoby serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- 2006: Rami Hadar appointed President and Chief Executive Officer.
- 2006: Allot becomes a public company with shares traded on the Nasdaq Global Market under the ticker symbol “ALLT”.
- Headquarters: Hod Hasharon, Israel.
- Revenue (2006): $34.1 million US dollars in 2006
- Employees: 250
accord, administer, afford, align, allocate, allow, appoint, apportion, appropriate to, array, assign, assign to, award, bestow, bestow on, collocate, communicate, compose, confer, deal, deal out, destine, detail, dish out, dispense, dispose, distribute, divide, dole, dole out, donate, earmark, equip, extend, fate, fit out, fix, fork out, furnish, gift, gift with, give, give freely, give out, grant, hand out, heap, help to, impart, issue, lavish, let have, line, line up, lot, make assignments, mark off, mark out for, marshal, mete, mete out, offer, ordain, parcel out, place, portion off, pour, prescribe, present, proffer, rain, rally, range, regiment, render, reserve, restrict, restrict to, schedule, serve, set, set apart, set aside, set off, set out, share out, shell out, shower, slip, snow, space, tag, tender, vouchsafe, yield